Each Pluma Skincare ingredient has been thoroughly researched + tested to provide the best quality, integrity and results.
Our tallow balm ingredients include:
• Local grass-fed suet is hand rendered to become the tallow base of each product. We sought out the best suet (fat around the kidneys, in this case grass fed-cows) over the years and found an incredible small ranch outside of Shiner, Texas that prides themselves in providing exceptional grass-fed products. We have fostered a fruitful relationship with our butcher and rancher over the years and in turn are very apprised of how fortunate we are to receive and provide the absolute best tallow.
Tallow is chock full of fat soluble vitamins (A,E,K& D) that deeply penetrate and moisturize the skin without leaving a greasy residue. Tallow has the molecular composition like that of the naturally produced sebum found on the face and body -the substance that helps to naturally moisturize the skin, this make tallow both bio-available and intensely moisturizing. CLA is also present in tallow which has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer marker and palmitoleic acid, which has anti-microbial properties.
• Organic unrefined shea butter - Shea butter is a vegetable fat extracted from the shea tree indigenous to Africa. We choose to use unrefined shea butter in our products (which has an earthier aroma than refined) because it is in its raw form and has not been processed with any synthetics or chemicals.
Shea Butter Benefits:
• Naturally non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
• Packed with Vitamin A (for cellular turnover + collagen production), Vitamins E, F and fatty acids
• Ultra moisturizing yet not greasy
• Strengthens and regenerates skin by enhancing collagen production
• Natural SPF (up to SPF 10)
• Addresses fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin tone
• Safe and natural product for all, especially babies!
• Organic extra virgin olive oil - used for centuries around the world as a health, brain and beauty aid; EVOO boasts beautiful benefits, especially for the skin. EVOO, similar to our tallow base, is rich in fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
Application to the skin acts as an antioxidant which can prevent premature aging while penetrating the skin barrier to ensure long lasting moisture.
✔️Anti-aging ✔️Antibacterial ✔️Anti-inflammatory ✔️Amazing
• Organic argan oil - Argan oil is produced from kernels of the Moroccan argan tree. Argan oil is packed with Vitamin A & E, antioxidants, omega- 6 fatty acids/ linoleic acid. ((The body is unable to produce omega- 6 fatty acids/ linoleic acid on its own.))
The benefits of these fatty acids boast many benefits, including:
- Even skin tone
- Reduction in scar appearance
- Acne prevention
- Alleviation of skin conditions, including: psoriasis, rosacea and eczema
The fatty acids coupled with vitamins A & E make argan oil an ultra moisturizer that can hydrate, soften and repair damaged skin.
• Organic rosehip seed oil - Rose hips are the fruit that remain after a rose has flowered and petals have dropped; the oil is harvested from the seeds of the rose bushes. Rosehip seed oil is full of vitamins A & C and essential fatty acids. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help preserve skin tone and integrity. Vitamin A has anti-aging properties which can promote smoother and firmer skin. Essential fatty acids can aid in healthy plump skin appearance and skin regeneration including reduction in scarring and the effects of eczema.
• Organic sea buckthorn oil - Sea buckthorn oil is extracted from the berries and seeds of the sea buckthorn plant. Sea buckthorn oil is a valuable addition to our tallow balm as it is filled with over 200 properties, including, antioxidants, vitamins and amino acids. Sea buckthorn oil has unique unsaturated fatty acid properties, such as omega 7 and omega 6 which can boast skin repair and regeneration. Sea buckthorn oil is also known to slow down the signs of aging by nourishing tissues in the body and skin.
• Full spectrum vitamin E - We learned a lot about Vitamin E as we sought out the best product we would confidently add to our tallow balm.
In our findings we discovered:
• Most vitamin E is pumped filled of unnecessary fillers, binders or excipients
• DL - prefix on vitamin implies a synthetic form of Vitamin E
• Natural E, as it occurs in nature has 8 different compounds, 4 tocopherols and 4 tocotrienols: alpha tocopherol, beta tocopherol, delta tocopherol, gamma tocopherol, alpha tocotrienol, beta tocotrienol, delta tocotrienol, gamma tocotrienol
• Most Vitamin E formulas contains just 1 out of 8 available isomers and are derived from gmo soy or corn.
• The Vitamin E we add in our product is derived from non- gmo sunflower oil and boasts all 8 isomers!
Full spectrum Vitamin E skin application provides many benefits, including:
- Inhibits free radicals, which can damage skin and other parts of body
- Restores lost moisture & softens skin
- Powerful antioxidant that can penetrate skin barrier and improve appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and scars
• Organic therapeutic grade lavender essential oil - (Lavandula Angustifolia)
The lavender essential oil we use is sourced from Bulgaria + France (where the best Lavender in the world originates) and is used in our scented tallow balm. Essential oils are incredibly potent and appropriate sourcing is necessary to boast the best therapeutic qualities.
Benefits of Lavender use on skin can include :
* Antibacterial (great for acne prone skin)
* Soothes dry skin
* Soothes eczema
* Anti inflammatory
* Reduce redness + scarring
* Antioxidants in Lavender can help protect against fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots.
• Organic therapeutic grade frankincense essential oil - Frankincense (boswellia carterii, sacra, papyrifera, and frereana) is one of the most prized, powerful and precious essential oils on earth. Frankincense boasts exceptional benefits both internally and externally.
Benefits of applying Frankincense essential oil to the skin can include:
• Superior skin rejuvenation
• Reduction of blemishes, scars and appearance of stretch marks
• Prevention with signs of aging
• Moisturizer for dry skin
• Astringent and can kill harmful bacteria + germs
• Promotes healthy skin regeneration and maintains healthy cells and tissues
Each essential oil we purchase and use in our tallow balm goes through a battery of rigorous tests to ensure the most pure, potent, and effective oils on earth.